Dry Prawns recipe especially Sukha Javla koshimbir a salad made from Dry prawns is very famous in many parts of India, especially in Maharashtra.
This Recipe in Marathi is known as Sukha javla Koshimbir in Maharashtra.
“Sukha Javla” means dry prawns and “Koshimbir” means a salad.
One of the other famous names for this Recipe is Kismur in parts of Konkan and Goa.
Other name is Sukat Koshimbir, a salad made from Dry Prawns.
It is best eaten with Bhakri that is jowar Roti, tastes equally awesome with chapati as well as curry and rice.
Dry prawns recipe of Sukha Javla Koshimbir is very easy to make and the salad is very crispy as the dry prawns are roasted.
So now let us see the process of making this dry prawns recipe known as sukha Javla Koshimbir .
Time:- 15 to 20 mins Serves:- 2
Ingredients for sukha Javla Koshimbir :-
- A cup of Dry Prawns
- 2 Big onions chopped
- Two tablespoons of Red Chilli Powder (The amount of Red Chilli to be put depends on each individual if less spicy is needed then to be adjusted accordingly)
- Salt as per taste
- Half cup of Grated Coconut
- Coconut oil ½ tablespoon
Process of making Sukha Javla Koshimbir :-
- Take a frying pan and put the Dry prawns over it
- Add one tablespoon oil (optional) to it and roast the dry prawns nicely in it
- Roast the dry prawns nicely once done take them in a plate
- Nicely roast the dry prawns and check whether very crispy by breaking them, if they break easily then they are perfect.
- Let the Dry prawns cool down for sometime
- Add onions to the dry prawns
- Then add Red Chilli Powder 2 tablespoons which we had kept ready
- Add salt as per taste
- Now mix all the ingredients in the plate very nicely with your hands
- Add Grated coconut which we had kept aside
- To this mixture which we had mixed properly add oil to it ½ tablespoon
This dry prawns recipe is easy to make, not fried, and hardly takes any time and along with it is also very crispy and tastes awesome.
Serve Our Dry Prawns Recipe of Sukha Javla Koshimbir and enjoy.