Kadhi bhaji is an awesome Indian recipe and it tastes very nice.
Kadhi bhaji preparation even though slightly lengthy still the end product is simply awesome.
This is one recipe that is more liked by the seniors than the juniors in the house.
Kadhi bhaji is a dish that not everyone has heard of but is quite popular in many cultures. The dish is made in various ways and sometimes It is a dish that is also made with yogurt, spices, and buttermilk etc
The ingredients differ depending on the culture, but the dish is usually a rich, spicy curry with a hint of sweetness. This dish is often eaten at breakfast or as a snack in the region.
Kadhi Bhaji is loved by all the members of the family and it is a favourite dish,
it is loved across all cultures and people simply find kadhi bhaji the best alternative whenever they want to have something light and tasty.
So now let us see how to make the Maharashtrian kadhi recipe in Marathi.
This Maharashtrian curry recipe is simply awesome and the ingredients like fried cabbage pieces also known as Bhaji make this recipe that more special
So now let us see the ingredients and the preparation of Kadhi Bhaji
Ingredients For Making Kadhi Bhaji
- 1 cabbage cut into pieces
- A cup of Gram Flour
- Salt as per taste
- Some sugar
- Mustard seeds 2 tablespoons
- Curry Leaves 10 to 12
- Green chilies 2 to 4 finely chopped
- 7 to 8 garlic cloves
- 2 to 3 Green chilies cut into 2 pieces
Preparation Of Kadhi Bhaji
- Take a bowl and add cabbage to it
- Add finely chopped green chilies to it
- Salt half tablespoon or as per taste
- Turmeric one teaspoon
- ¾ th cup of Gram Flour to the mix
- Add some water to it and mix it well
- Add some more Gram Flour to the mix so that it is not too liquid
- Now we make Buttermilk of curd by adding water
Keep a Big Wok on the flame
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons oil
- Once it is slightly heated add mustard seeds
- Crush 8 to 10 Garlic cloves and add to the oil
- Curry leaves to be added
- Mix it well
- Green chilies to be added
- Now to the mixture in the wok add buttermilk(Take care as there is a chance of the oil and the buttermilk mixture spurting out)
Take the Remaining ¼ th Gram Flour in a bowl and add some water also mix it well so that no lumps are formed
Add this mix to the wok and again mix well
- Also, add some sugar and salt as per taste
- Add ¼ th teaspoon of turmeric
- Now let this mixture boil for some time and after some time take it down and keep it aside
Take another wok
- Now to this add 4 to 5 cups of oil
- Deep fry the previously made mixture of cabbage and Gram Flour by making it into a ball-like shapes
- Once these balls of cabbage and gram flour are properly cooked then take it on a kitchen towel so that most of the oil is soaked
Add this cabbage and Gram flour Balls also known as “Bhaji” to the mixture of buttermilk and other ingredients which we had prepared previously also known as “Kadhi”
Tip :- Add Bhaji when you are going to serve it as it shall remain crispy. If you like soft Bhaji then keep it in immersed in the bowl.
Do check out Namkeen Shankarpali Recipe in Marathi.
For more on Kadhi Bhaji Recipe, check this.
And now our Kadhi Bhaji which is loved and liked by all is ready to be served.